Wednesday 19 April 2017

Birthdays



Related image
An other birthday-as children we love them, as  we get older, we want to forget more and more about them-however age produces wisdom and a spiritual awakening in a way-so I have grown to love them, and grateful for each moment.  So much happens in such a short lifespan. So very often we dismiss so many happenings and  happenings in environment around us; then looking back later we feel guilty as to why we didn`t appreciate it at the moment. Sure-we appreciate many experiences later on, but often there is a touch of regret as we feel we should have been more enveloped in the situation-and be more conscious of it, more  within it. 

Each life is so special-that it is better than a best selling novel-often a dramatic one. Some sad-but they all have their lessons for us. Some grief filled, through which we learn empathy. Much sadness at seeing and experiencing pain and sorrow through which we become more compassionate. So-the bottom line-everything is a learning experience for spirit and soul in life. Nothing is for nothing-just may seem so through tunnel vision.

We are reminded by specific events of how blessed we are, how we are a special creation and how we have been born out of love, from love. Created from a particle of the divine, that is eternal-often birthdays are most definitely a reminder of  that gift which is life, a sacred creation-especially when one has good health, and is loved. When one is surrounded by a loving family  is the most precious gift that we receive from our Creator. It is never money, never the material as one often realizes this later on as one gets older. Happiness, joy, peace, and serenity cannot be bought with money, neither can love. In reality all is just about one thing in life “love”-not much else matters.

I have been so blessed –I have experienced love in various ways- and cannot express to God-Our Lady my love and deep gratefulness; for I have on this planet all I need-and does not matter what lies ahead, which I have no idea of . I know  that I am eternally blessed, for I know that I have placed everything into the hand of Our Lady-and She always has the perfect plan and direction even though at the time it may seem to me not the right way I trust  Her entirely .  Life maybe short, however -sometimes a moment often is worth an entire lifetime that we carry forth-and I have been blessed with a few of those. No matter how long or short my life maybe-I am filled with peace and gratitude.
And on this , my birthday I will commit this prayer to our Lord God- in the most humble way-and with deep gratitude through the beautiful words of Thomas Merton:

“My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it. Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.” 

So it is- Deo Gratias. Yes, we are love and light of God-that`s it.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment