Wednesday 1 February 2017

Face Book


I have to confess that lately I have not been much on Face Book-and honestly all the people there, every single one is special for me, and I actually know them well-and love them in different ways. What I mean there are many forms of expressions of love-which everyone knows; not just romantic. The Romans and Greeks well knew this- , "Caritas, Amor, Eros and Agape, Philia, Storge" were expressions they used in their language describing different  "forms of love". So, often-when the spirit moves me-once every few weeks I send my soul family and my "anam cara" a note or a quote that is dear to my heart or has touched me in some way-often it is simply a beautiful or funny image. I never just tick ”like” on FB ever for any post-I think that does not mean very much-so I always add a few words to posts I like-and tell them exactly how I feel.

I was once in a serious relationship and for years and we would send note to each other every single morning-some long, some short-just to tell each other how we felt. It made the day-beautiful and filled with love and light-no matter how bad the day went. One knew that an other soul was thinking of one-that is a great gift. That was something very special and lasting till we die-well till I die anyway, I do not know about him. I thought I knew him, but in truth-I never really did. Though-I am still like that today, I have not changed. I abhor any change. We are spiritual beings and our souls need to be nourished, to be fed or it starves-often we crave, need  words, thoughts and images as nourishment for our spirit-for that stays and is embedded in the heart, through which it expands that divine spark within us. Nothing else does that except love. 

Guess-we are all different, some will call me crazy, an other a romantic and maybe even “Loony Tunes”-that is OK. We need to feel, to know that we are alive or we are simply going through the motions of a “lifeless life”. I wish to live a meaningful life, a life where I shall have no regrets about “would haves, should haves, could haves” in the end-that is a very painful proposition to me-so I do my best. True-I do screw up big time often, but one can only go forward never back, we are all human with human imperfections and frailties. But-my heart has and is always in the right place, and neither is my loyalty in question nor ever divided-that would simply kill me. People I love,  care for I cherish and give thanks for all that I have shared with them-be they present or have moved on-things cannot be undone, especially love. I am so blessed and thankful that through the grace of God I feel this way.

You see-we all just have one life at a time-and we have to do the best we can with it; love, compassion, empathy, understanding,  forgiveness, mercy cannot be deleted because of pain and suffering that was inflicted on us  in our lives-that is just a sign of a bitter life. Thus-loving, being in love-is never lost neither is it a waste of time-it just adds to the majesty of the soul-to its shine and brilliance; it sort of polishes it like the facets of a  diamond. So just love and be loved-fear nothing.

I try and live by the words of  a writer who I  have admired most of my life-Og Mandino
“I will live this day as if it is my last. …I will waste not a moment mourning yesterday’s misfortunes, Yesterday’s defeats, yesterday’s aches of the heart, for why should I throw good after bad?”
I will live this day as if it is my last. This day is all I have and these hours are now my eternity.


I greet this sunrise with cries of joy as a prisoner who is reprieved from death. I lift mine arms with thanks for this priceless gift of a new day. So too, I will beat upon my heart with gratitude as I consider all who greeted yesterday’s sunrise who are no longer with the living today.

I am indeed a fortunate man and today’s hours are but a bonus, undeserved. Why have I been allowed to live this extra day when others, far better than I, have departed? Is it that they have accomplished their purpose while mine is yet to be achieved? Is this another opportunity for me to become the person I know I can be."
-from `The greatest Salesman in the World`



No comments:

Post a Comment