Tuesday 31 January 2017

Bird of forever




The closest image I have found for my mythical bird-same , except for his beak and talons.

I think it was Oliver-not my brother, my other Oliver, who said that one cannot tell the same story in exactly the same way each time -he is absolutely right. There are  certain moments in life, snippets of conversations, even phrases that one is touched by and can never forget, and each time we relate it-it is slightly different, not because we want to change the narrative, but somehow the brain just remembers the important facts not some of the minor details, which we seem to change rather unintentionally. Every life has these, for these are the incidents, and events that have touched the very core of our soul-some times a word or a minor thing.

I am not here to give an inventory of my life, but one specific incidence-especially that happened early in my life-I was 17 he was 19. No-nothing sexual-all was platonic and above board as regarding our relationship. Perhaps I have related this story some time ago-the story may be slightly different, but the meaning , the main thought behind it and the intent has remained the same.

This is the naval officer-when he was in “The Naval Officer Academy” in Gordon`s Bay in South Africa-he was in his first year at the time, at that time we had known each other two years. Those days-there was only “snail mail”, but none the less we wrote to each other daily, sometimes the letters would bunch up, and I would receive a few at one shot.

Even when I was young I was drawn to intelligent, romantic, sensitive men-and he was all of that. He is a beautiful writer-and an equally beautiful soul. Through the years he wrote me poetry, many scores of letters, but this one letter touched me deeply. He very much wanted to express his love for me, and especially how long he would love me for-in some form of an allegory. A number of years ago, when I went back to SA-I brought the letter with me, he read  his letter once more, and cried-and said: “ did I really write this” with tears welling up in his eyes. Sadly - at times we tend to forget much of the promises we made to each other, the vows we swear to keep, the eternal loyalty and that word that we often so often whisper in the heat of passion-:”I will love you forever”. But such memories may fade with time, but they do come back.

~Once upon a time, in a deep desert, living in a cave- on this planet there existed a beautiful exotic mystical  bird that was sent from paradise for a special reason by God. This was a magical bird for no time has ever such a bird has ever been known or seen by humans-for he was a special creature to gift “forever” to humans who truly loved –this was his mission for man from God. He was more of a heavenly creature, than an earthly one. His feathers were all glittering gold, the top of his head  and wings were  encrusted with  brilliant diamonds-his eyes were the most precious red rubies-his beak was of the most exquisite emerald and his talons were platinum. His magnificence was dazzling to behold – he shone like the sun. His sole mission was to teach humanity the understanding of “ love forever” who deserved it.

This awesome, sacred creature-would come out of his cave and visit the desert every 100,000 years or so-and fly to the farthest end of the desert and pick up each time one tiny grain of sand and bring it back to his cave. He would  repeat this-till every grain of sand had disappeared form the desert-then he would go to other deserts and go though the same process doing this until every single grain of sand was no longer present on the planet-thus this was simply the very first moment of “forever” which he communicated to humans~.

However my dearest, darling love,  Dennis said- "let me remind you, that this time, is simply just the very first moment of “forever”-so can you ever imagine how long forever is? And that is as long as I shall love you. Never ever forget that". 

Then when I met him once more a few years later-he said with tears in his eyes  –:” You know the story of the magical bird, it is still certainly all true”.










No comments:

Post a Comment