Monday 19 September 2016

Relationships

Image result for relationships
A friend of mine has just broken up with her boyfriend of a few years and she is so angry and  their breakup was like Krakatoa erupting-she swears she never will ever see him, and wants to completely forget, eraze everything about him. She was the same with her pervious boyfriend as well as the father of her child. She so hates.

I feel differently-completely. Till to this day apart from my family-eight wonderful people that have formed, shaped, sculptured  my life, making me who I am today-each one bringing some very special gift to my life-I am forever grateful to them-and love them so very, very much still.

We are partly made  up by our family roots, our country, DNA, and a large part is made up of people who have become part of our lives, who have touched our lives. We are such complex beings and we are as individual as a snow flake. The ones we have loved and lost-are never really lost, we carry their stamp on our soul. 

Relationships that we had, become part of our whole life experience, and each one adds a different  hue of colour to make us more colourful, interesting  multi faceted and more wise. And  yes, through love, we become more aware of our spirituality in many ways, for people around us reflect back our positive or negative qualities as well. We become richer and more valuable human being by experiencing the different seasons of life`s expression. I cannot complain for I have had the most blessed life filled with magical people –angels really, who have loved me and I have loved them-who have taught me so very much. 

I find that more often than not people try to forget their relationships that have once was so precious-and they try with all their might to totally shake off those times and forget. Trying  desperately to escape from the experience in everyway possible. The light that once shone so brightly dims and fades out completely-and the remnants are either anger or complete indifference.

I have always looked at relationships differently-my mantra has always been that ”you cannot unlove an other, once you loved them”. You may  not have the passion , the sensual feelings or the romance present-but love is ever present.  An other sort of unwritten rule I have always followed was that all the relationships I had were relatively long, I tried to preserve them as long as it was possible for me, for it always depends on two. Thus I remember them all in detail. Cannot really recall any one night stands-for they never happened. Well-maybe a couple-I cannot lie. But I remember them also-and each one of those had a lesson for me. Maybe they were part of those traveling angels-who came and went by the silvery moonlight. 

But the eight  souls with whom I had a  very deep connection that have formed me, kneaded me like clay- chiseled away my sharp corners, and sanded down my edges  into who I am today-I know it is like this with everyone, except they fail to see what a magical, mystical gift love is –and how it  expands the soul-be the person present for one  moment or many years. They all have been unique experiences, as unique and special as the people themselves. They are the very fibers of my heart that hold me together. 
 PS-
Sure- immediately after the break up , there is a brief period of deep sadness, grief-then it lifts like a cloud one day and one recognizes the gifts that have remained and what one has  learned-and then once more the feeling of love returns –and one keeps on loving those souls forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment