Wednesday 28 March 2012

Goodbye Cicukam

 
Go over to the window, my little darling one. I'd like to try to read your mind. I used to think I was some kind of gypsy girl, before I let you take me home into your heart. Now, so long, my darling Cicukam, it's time that we began to laugh and cry and cry and laugh about it all again.
 
Well you know that I loved to be with you, every moment of my life.  But you made me forget so very much. I forgot to pray to the angels and then the angels forgot to pray for us. Now, so long, my beloved heart, it's time that we began  to laugh and cry and cry and laugh about it all again.
 
We met when we were almost lost. Deep in the pages of Assisi. You held on to me like I was a crucifix,
as we went praying  through the dark. Oh so long, my darling one, it's time that we began to laugh and cry and cry and laugh about it all again.Your letters always promised to be by my side, but  then why do I feel so alone? I'm standing on a ledge and your fine spider web is fastening my ankle to a stone. Now so long, sweetheart, it's time that we began to laugh and cry and cry and laugh about it all again.

For now I need your hidden love. I'm cold as a new razor blade.You left when I told you I was curious,
I never said that I was brave. Oh so long, my other self, it's time that we began to laugh and cry and cry and laugh about it all again.

Oh, you are really such a clever one. I see you've gone and changed your name again. And just when I climbed this whole mountainside, to wash my eyelids in the rain! Oh so long, my darling Cicukam, it's time that we began to cry and laugh and laugh and cry about it all again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment