Monday 27 March 2017

Our special angel

Related image
Always my grandmother used to say that birthdays are really celebrations for the mother-for it is she that has all the wonderful memories of the specific day; down to the very last moment. I think she was right, as I feel the same way. I have two siblings, I am the oldest, however I  remember the very day and incidents and every detail surrounding the birth of my sister as well as that of my brother-both were born when I was already well aware of the world . It feels rather uncanny and strange, as it just seems like yesterday-and it was many years ago.

On Saturday was my brothers Oliver`s 45th  birthday-we celebrated yesterday, it was a great day the family being together having fun and a wonderful evening. When she got pregnant my mother cried saying she won`t see him graduate grade 1, as she was in her late forties. Originally when she got pregnant she was very upset-but then reconciled herself with the statement ”everybody has a place in this world” -and here she was yesterday - celebrating his birthday. He now has a most successful career, more so than any other of his colleagues. He has the most number of the most successful dental practices in Toronto- plus a family of his own and has changed the lives of many people around him because of his generosity. But then-you get back what you send out. And he is a type of person to send out a lot of good, always has-not just to the family, but all in need. His priority is always the family-and everyone in the family I have to add. He is our guardian angel from God.

Yes- I remember the day he was born-in the evening. I was not at the hospital but at home, but my father called saying there maybe problems with him, as he was a “Rheus  negative” baby and he needed a blood transfusion-of course my mother was beside herself. But-it all went well- in those day in SA the mom and baby stayed in the hospital for 3 days, you coudn`t visit-just had to wait at home. After that they came home-he was just fine. I remember seeing him the first time. He was in a little knitted blue little jacket with a cap to match, his tiny nose had tiny white spots on them-as I recall.  No he wasn`t I handsome baby, but he was my brother. I wondered what the future held for us-for him. And here we are all-in an other country, and the family together; sadly a few people missing, but still always here in spirit.

When he was 8-one day he sat down and stated that he would be very successful, my grandmother was still with us then and sated a list of things he would buy each of all the family members-and he has actually lived up to those promises-in more ways than one. He just recently bought a house for my daughter, this is just an example of his latest generosity. He is not only generous in a material a sense, but he also does much for all his nieces in encouraging them in relationship with regard to careers, and mentoring them, so that they will become successful in life. He is an example to all the kids in our family. Also steering them in areas to be upstanding honorable, honest, respectful, dependable, loving human beings.

So this small entry is to acknowledge him-and thank him for all he is doing, all he has done-for us, for all-and that he is so very appreciated and I thank God that I have such a beautiful, shining soul as my brother-a gift and a blessing from God. Not for all the material stuff, but for being who he really is-an earth angel. He lives for the family-he comes and takes his mom out twice a week, so she can see Scarlett, his daughter. Also, almost every Sunday we go out for dinner together, the an entire family. Whatever mom needs, or he thinks she needs or any of us need just appears.  I personally have never bought an electronic gadget in my life, a TV, a cell phone-nor paid for service, nor for a computer, not even a vacuum cleaner-all taken care of. We are taken care of in every way-including this house we are in, which he bought it a while back so that we can be closer together as a family-they a 5kms down the road, my daughter 1km.

So the moral of the story-there is a reason for everything, there is a place for everyone in life-and only God knows those reasons for they are all coming from the mind of God.

I thank my brother Oliver and love him so very much, let me state once more-not for the material stuff-for even if that was not present I would still feel the same, but all the love, the caring and concern that he shows for all of us. He is always there when we need him, always there to help, encourage and tries to make things better.-I am grateful to God that He was so very gracious and generous to send to us one of his special angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment