Saturday 11 February 2017

On writing a blog


Image result for feathers

I was just reading an article, where it was underscored the very importance of writing. That actually writing a personal blog or a diary was somewhat of a spiritual journey-good for the expansion of spirit in a way, allowing it more freedom. I have to agree-especially if one writes often. I never know what comes through from my higher self when I sit down to write. It is always a mystery what turns up-seriously, for I don`t think much about it at all forehand.  And often they are not of deep philosophical insights, just the wonderings, musings, observations and at times the complaints of just one common soul.  Life is really so awesome and amazing if one really thinks about it-and nice to observe it in detail. The odd time I do put up things that are not from me-but it still part of me, -part of who I am.

No I am no great writer, however I write what flows from me-or rather from my “authentic self”-that perhaps not many may know in the real world around me-it is sort of an “escape valve from reality” and time to reflect and analyze myself. I also at times wonder, when I read it back: “who the hell wrote this? Where did all this come from? ” I am stunned, and often it amazes me. As I read it back later, it is  seen more from an observers view point-and  I often learn from my own “self”. Yeah, sounds real bizarre. It is like an exercise in “self realization”.

Being anonymous gives one courage to say more than one would usually-if one thinks that a friend may read it; so very few people-friends, acquaintances, family know about my blog. If they did, I would probably would first think out what I would say-be sort of “politically correct” and be more careful as to content. But-it is not that I write all this XXXX-rated  stuff, but still I would be a little embarrassed. As it goes now, one person who I revealed myself to-asked “don`t you feel strange putting up some personal, private stuff. I answered-“no, because you are the only one who knows”. Well, maybe two more-but I know they are not reading it.  Also-even if I did tell –not many are interested in my stuff, some people are just not readers.

So, I have many people from all over the world reading my personal accounts and my translation of the mysteries my life -that makes me feel good not foolish, even though nobody knows who I am. Thomas Merton once said, “what is the use of writing if no one ever reads your stuff”. Thus, even if only one person reads my –sometimes boring stuff, I appreciate it tremendously. The blog site(s) is great as it keeps track –of who reads the stuff; not names, only count by country, by date. I decided early on not to allow comments-as perhaps it is a fear of  being criticized or rejected-No, I have to admit  I don`t take neither well. Now-I don`t know who thinks what-so that makes me happy and to keep on writing.

I always find time to write-it is better than watching “mindless TV” at least I get to learn about myself . As the ones who read me regularly know, I have a few blogs going-but this is my major one-the others, well  I may dip in, here and there at times. Most were set up originally for strictly being private, however I have opened them all up-except for one. One also has more quotes and thoughts of others-that I like and admire.

Maybe one day I will gather them all up in a bouquet, and print them out-as a sort of memoir. How great are computers-imagine if I had to write all this stuff on an old typewriter-and many did; wonderful, great novels. God, what a task, waste of trees-even this way there are often so many grammar and spelling mistakes, I am ashamed-even though I am blessed with “spell check”. I am a bit more careful now-in the beginning I just wrote-and let it all hang out there first shot; going back later to discover to my horror all the mistake-and some are still not corrected.  But-as I have said a few times I am no writer- I am  just simply putting my thoughts onto a computer screen, not to  impress anyone-but to tell my story. And it is always great to follow the rule of KISS- “keep it simple stupid”, no one needs a dictionary to understand this blog.








No comments:

Post a Comment