Sunday 8 January 2017

Great day



Related image
“I will live this day as if it is my last. …I will waste not a moment mourning yesterday’s misfortunes, Yesterday’s defeats, yesterday’s aches of the heart, for why should I throw good after bad?”
I will live this day as if it is my last. This day is all I have and these hours are now my eternity. I greet this sunrise with cries of joy as a prisoner who is reprieved from death. I lift mine arms with thanks for this priceless gift of a new day. So too, I will beat upon my heart with gratitude as I consider all who greeted yesterday’s sunrise who are no longer with the living today. I am indeed a fortunate man and today’s hours are but a bonus, undeserved. Why have I been allowed to live this extra day when others, far better than I, have departed? Is it that they have accomplished their purpose while mine is yet to be achieved? Is this another opportunity for me to become the man I know I can be?”
―Og Mandino

 Often people say-“oh it is too late to change , things, too late to change myself, to late for anything for time has passed me by”. Have you ever wondered on the saying-“today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday?” Thus-as long as one is breathing it is never too late to make any changes, start new ventures, or undergo new transformations.

This sentiment often turns up on one`s doorstep as “new years resolutions”, though I have given up on those, as I find I am too demanding on myself and eventually do nothing as it all becomes far too overwhelming. So, now I just plan the work, and work the plan-and put up small goals for myself to try and achieve-that seems to work-often till at least end of April, which is better than the second week of January.

This year, or rather last, as we are now in January-I came to sort of an epiphany around-well not around  actually on the 15th of December, was the actual turning point-or as I call it the 100th money finally hitting the water. A complete turn around in everything-not just within myself, but around me. Yes-changing the way one looks at things, makes the things change-be it alchemy, magic or just coincidence, it works.

I see things around me that I have totally missed and I find it   so invigorating  in my life-it`s like waking up  all energized and  filled with joy and love for life. I know-this is nothing special, but it is when one`s entire being is involved in this new phase of life.  Maybe it is all in the mind-perhaps we just become aware of the things that we have learnt, heard in the past-like that #1 is a new beginning , or that #5 is change-and our subconscious responds to it in kind.

But not to beat a dead horse to death- allowing old emotional baggage down the river is very rejuvenating –and allows one to look at things in a different light. So-each day I look at it as a new beginning, a new chance at doing , trying things-never too late for anything at all.  We are all here for a purpose, to grow to expand and allow our divine self to flower, to love-and to make our lives happy, joyous and loving . Each experience allows us to see beyond ourselves, but we need to see and value the gifts we have been given. Having said all this-one just has to take the first step and get going on the new path-for it is such a great day to be alive. Now-believe it!

 “I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny.” –Og Mandino 


No comments:

Post a Comment