Monday 26 December 2016

Vienna


Image result for old vienna
Major reflection time-of what is important in life-family is always one, but music has to be  number two, especially classical for me. Yes-this week is all about the classics, all the Strauss- es, Bizet, Liszt, Schubert, Mozart and Beethoven. Days like this that overwhelm heart with so many memories-all wonderful and uplifting the heart with gratefulness and gladness.

It does not feel nor look like the Christmas season today-the snow is melting ; as the weather is mild, well above 10C-so all one can is listen to all this wonderful, magical music-that conjure up the days of old, filled with happiness. I feel I am so blessed to  be often in the moment, as I am reminded by spirit that we need to appreciate the moment, as it flies away at the speed of light. I see its beauty and its impermanence, thus I try and capture it with mementos- music being a  profound medium.

All this Strauss- brings back my time in Vienna when I was a teenager-it was only a two weeks stay, but the imprint on my heart was permanent, and my love for that awesome city is never to be changed-for I was gifted with remembrance. I was reminded that I have had a few lifetimes there, I could feel the familiarity of the places that I visited. The sights, fragrances and sounds are part of my existence; had been there , spent lifetimes there.

The recognition was palpable as it is with music that I am now hearing  stirs up so much, at a conscious and sub-conscious level.  All is more real than the present moment-but this is true with what touches the soul; and Austria is deeply ingrained in the fabric of my DNA-I always knew, before when I had visited-I knew that Vienna was my real home-not even Budapest came close, though I was born there. However, more often in Vienna, than once-very many times.

I suppose that is why the pull is so strong-and I know that none of those lives were unhappy-some not easy, but happy, joyful and very meaningful for spirit. Especially one that is very strong-that I am able to see fragments of if I try real hard. It all is  so very real to me, I could just stay in those moments forever. This music keeps me there-probably that is why I do not listen to it that often; only when spirit prompts me, nudges me to recall. Then I do-with humility, love and gratefulness.

The stories do come back , if one really wants to access them-recollection is really easy , one we give ourselves permission; I have a few times –and it always feels wonderful to recall, though I do not do it often-I do not want to get lost in them entirely. But, it certainly feels good and gives the soul peace knowing that nothing has nor will be lost, ever . Indeed we are eternal-and so are our connections to each other and the world.

So now I will just sit here quietly and allow spirit to talk and enjoy the moments of remembrances.










No comments:

Post a Comment