Wednesday 17 August 2016

Relationships

I was talking with a childhood friend-someone I love dearly;  we went to the same school, were in the same class for a number of years. She married right out of high school, and is still married to the same man- and feels a bit saddened by the idea that she never experienced any other relationships.  This made me thinking about my marriage and relationships.  I will be honest –I had a few serious relationships in my life and a few that I would categorize as fly by night- not a one night stand, but a few weeks or months perhaps. A couple before I was married which was strictly platonic, and later in in life, more on the physical level, though it always involved loved- maybe one or two I would say; infatuation. But passion was always present- deep violent and very fiery. Never was it just for the physical aspect , but always on an emotional basis and far  beyond  just a physical connection- but a soul connection..

Our conversation with my friend  started me thinking. We seem to think so much about the physical act of love, that the most important part falls by the wayside-that is; that it is the closeness, tenderness, protection and feeling being loved is really what is important- we simply want to be loved, want to be needed, want to be wanted, want to be cherished. If I have to be honest- the romantic part is of the paramount importance for a woman- words are so very important, the sentimentality of music, of being touched tenderly; stroked, kissed  not necessarily sexually but in a loving way . Demonstrating, expressing love in any demonstrable way- not in a sexual way, but a romantic way- more time for fore play and especially after play, which many men tend to totally forget!   Maybe for men it is different, though I know for a fact that for some men this need is very much also there, though many will never confess to it- but for most women  the emotional part is the most important, and most of us could even live without the physical act of love.  I am not saying that, that is not important, but if the other aspects are missing , then the physical act means nothing.

Sex without emotion-  without love for me has always been impossible-it cheapens it, it loses its value, and means nothing in the end. For this reason every one of my relationships has been so very special- and I regret not one. They were all within the context of love emotion and -whether it lasted for a few months, or many years; that is  why the memories I have of them are special. Each one-each of those special wonderful human beings hold a special place in my heart who have loved me, and whom I have loved in return deeply- and not one have I ever forgotten. They live in my heart.  I can name all these special souls that I have loved or whom have loved me- who have touched the very core of my heart. 

This is such a blessing- for in my life all of these people even though they have gone they different ways. They all have added  and have made my life more colorful, richer, more meaningful and more valuable.  They all have taught me different lessons regarding life and love. They  have left an important indelible mark on my soul and heart as I hope I have on theirs. I am  sure-that most of them remember me with love-as I of them  with love .  Not one have I broken up with anger, with animosity or with a fight, it was just that time had come to say goodbye-and we went on different paths. Worked out what ever we had to work out  through “karma”; as it always happens in life.  Every single one was so very extraordinary!-Thank you  for the experience and for making my life richer and sharing your lives with me-you are all so very special. My heart is big enough to hold the memories of all of you ! All is in the presence tense in the mind-so we always live in the eternal now .

Though let me be perfectly clear- we only have one twin flame in all of  eternity-you my other self....; you know whom you are as I do. The rest of you are my soulmates, soul friends-"anam cara". 

No comments:

Post a Comment