Sunday 26 June 2016

Childhood




I am a firm believer that there is a universal plan regarding who we meet in life- be that just for a moment or an entire lifetime of connection. We say very glibly often, which these days is almost a mantra- that “we are all connected”, but do we really think about it and its true meaning.

Through FB I have found my dearest friend from grade-school; or rather she has found me  and an other, with whom I wasn`t that friendly, but being in the same class, sitting in the same school benches for so many years bring us to the realization of the strong connections that we have that are often forged in childhood- a kinship of spirit that often later in life is almost impossible to find. It re-kindles certain memories and reminders of  what we thought at the time, how we felt and the plans for the future, which often were simply dreams never to be fulfilled. It crystallizes time and makes it standstill for those thought of moments, in a way it anchors us. Yet- it is such sweet sorrow to think of those idyllic days of childhood- no matter how hard things were, how difficult the times may have been.

These thought of the past, re-visiting the times often brings happiness to the heart, smile to the face and a recognition of remembrance  of whom we really are- and reminds us what is really important in life and for the heart; which are memories of which are the jigsaw puzzle pieces of the mosaic of our lives .

I am so very grateful for these two wonderful , special souls who have re-enterd my life and have reminded me of who I am really, and how blessed one is to have these special moments of realization of how very important the bonds of friendship really are and we are forever connected to souls who once have touched our lives . I am infinitely grateful to God for bringing these special people back into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment